Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Summer Vacation 2013 #11

 Joplin Falls
 Beautiful!






 This tree was on the path of the tornado.  It is dead but still standing so someone painted it to show hope.

 We went and saw the Woods. AJ Wood is the guy Glenn went back to MO to work for after his mission.  We had such a great visit!  Jaqueline insisted the girls call her "Granny Sugar".  And they did!  She is Irish and has a very strong and fun personality.  She had us laughing all night at her blunt ways.  I am glad I finally got to meet these guys! Had to get a pic of the 2 AJ's, ha ha.

 We decided since we were so close we just had to go all into Oklahoma just so we could say we did.  Well we didn't realize that as soon as you get on the freeway you are on a turnpike that doesn't end for like 70 miles!  We made an illegal U-turn and panicked the whole way to MO that we would get in trouble for not having a toll road ticket but thank goodness everything was fine, other than us breaking the law!  I have not laughed that hard in a long time! Glenn was so nervous and I just could not stop laughing. Good memory!
 For FHE we went to the arena and pulled the hand carts that the Westwoods are storing for their stake.  It was a good learning experience for the girls, and for us.  Those are quite hard to pull and the ground we were on was smooth!  I truly admire the pioneers. They were so faithful to endure such a difficult trial.



 Check out that red ant!!!  Ugh... the bugs there are out of control I tell ya!
 We went and ate at Braums and Jaylee learned how to dip her fry.  So funny!
 The Westwoods house, until they sell it.  It is beautiful!
 Grandpa and Grandma Westwood!  Last night at their house.

And now we start our journey back home!  What a fun and fabulous time we had in MO.  We loved the people that we got to see so much!  We miss them!  That being said I have no intentions of ever moving there.  I love Karin and her family but MO not so much, too hot, humid and buggy!  It is so weird that you cannot play in the grass for fear of chiggers.  I had 2 chigger bites and they are no fun.  Brylee had 11 Mosquito bites show up in one day!  It was crazy! Thank goodness for smelly porters salve, that stuff is amazing with bug bites!  It really was a great trip though.

No comments:

Post a Comment