| Katherine helped me make the poster, well she made it I colored it. Cute huh? |
For this Dawson reunion Adrienne and I were in charge. The theme we chose was "Holidays". We started Friday night off with New Years. We had yummy food, played a few games, made a time capsule and mostly just visited and unpacked.
Gumball shake and the elephant march. Both funny games.
Our house for the next 3 nights. Nice huh?
Saturday morning we did Halloween. The kids drew pictures of what the were "dressed up" as, Grandma Dawson and Grandma Murdock dressed up for everyone to Trick or Treat to. Everyone was a good sport and did a trick of some sort. It was pretty funny.
Jaylee just looked cute and got one, McKenna did a somersault. I feel bad but I guess I didn't get a picture of Brylee and I don't remember what she did but I am sure it was cute!
AJ did a cart wheel, Lily stood on Bretts hands.
Dalin flipped and Susie did a stunt with her boys.
Kiana and Britnee did a song with keeping the rhythm with a cup and clapping, it was really good, like always.
The weather was great so there was a lot of playing outside.
Jaylee felt so big in the camp chair. Kenna LOVED Grandma Murdock this year. She probably sat there for a good hour just talking to her. Who knows what they talked about but it was sure cute.
Bubbles with Brylee, Samanth and Sadie.
Peek a Boo! Such a cute grin!
For Mothers Day and Fathers Day the kids served the adults breakfast in bed. Jaylee only made us spill our plates like 3 times... lol. Cute idea from Mary and Derek.
McKenna also fell in love with Kiana, she fell asleep on her lap twice!
Britnee and AJ, fun cousins!
Ramona did the 4th of July for us. She had a some neat letters from Grandma Dawson to Grandpa Dawson when he was a soldier and she shared a great letter from Zayvin who is in the Army. It was really sweet. Not a dry eye in the place when she was done.
She taught about the pony express and had a few of the kids be in the Pony express to deliver the letters, cute stuff!
We all decorated patriotic posters for a parade but ended up bagging the parade and just showed the posters.
This one is Tylo flipping for Halloween, I couldn't get it to move up where it would fit in. Oh well. Our poster that the girls helped make.
We all wrote letters to mom for Mothers day. She is such a great lady.
What our kitchen looks like. We set the food out and move through like a cafeteria. Works pretty well. It has a huge fridge for all the food.
For the 4th we played a few hilarious outside games. One was Cracker Whacker. You hook a cracker on your waist and have it hang down to your knees with floss. Take a rolled up newspaper and try to whack each others cracker. So funny! McKenna and Brooklyn were so funny trying to whack each others cracker. Darin got down right mean and started hitting people wherever he could reach to keep them away. He hit Glenn across the face twice. Ouch! Glenn lasted awhile but I do think Darin won.
Kiddie pool with duckies.
Catch the "greased pig". Mason is such a good sport! They did it by age and they had to grab the tail off his back. He was pretty quick!
Watermelon eating contest! Brianna won. All I kept hearing was how cold it was.
Pie eating contest! I think Mason won.
Just chillin'
They played flying carpet. They started out with the blanket one way and had to get it totally turned over without anyone falling off. Funny to watch. Glenn said it was so hot and sweaty it was miserable to play. The one of Glenn and Jaylee is us driving up to the showers. We had showers for the first time since I have been going. SO nice! No trying to shower with a sink and pitcher downstairs. Good times!
Lifesaver fire crackers. McKenna, Lily, AJ and Brylee
Christmas Sunday morning was my favorite holiday. We did Christmas Eve Saturday night and watched The Grinch. We started Sunday with a yummy breakfast of french toast and syrup with vanilla ice cream which is the breakfast tradition at Darins house. We then did a nativity/spiritual meeting. It was great! Then we did presents! There was a gift for everyone thanks to Bonnie. It worked out great. And at the end Grandma Murdock surprised her with a quilt made from Dads shirts. So neat! It worked out just like I had hoped it would.
Onto a huge Easter Egg hunt!
Valentines. We each made a white bag with our names and then wrote Valentines to each other. This went over way better than I had expected. It was a lot of fun. It was neat because everyone kept checking other peoples bags and saying that so and so needed more valentines etc... so that no one felt bad or left out. It was fun.
Britnee painted all the girls nails getting ready for our Valentines dinner, again provided by Ramona. Thanks Ramona! The kids all had shirts and served the adults. It was a french menu and quite fancy really. It was fun.
Playing outside while the kids were getting the restaurant ready. Such a cute dad!
In their server shirts.
Cousins!
Dance party!
McKenna decided at the dance party that she just wanted to be with Rayce. She was funny this weekend latching on to certain people. She still talks about Rayce and Kiana everyday. Brylee is dancing with Buxton. Both Rayce and Buxton handled the attention from their little girl cousins very well. Good sports.
The leprechaun came and walked on everyone during the night as he got a St. Patty's day breakfast ready. That was also Aunt Ramona but Grandma Dawsons breakfast, she did some really cute and fun things to make it feel festive.
We did the auction, cleaned up and left. Before we even got 2 miles down the canyon this is what the back seat looked like, Brylee was asleep too I just couldn't get a picture of her. They were worn out! It was such a fun weekend with such a great family!!! Can't wait for next year when I am not in charge and can just relax!
I am so glad that the reunion went well. i wish we could have been there. Seeing all the pictures that you and everyone else took, and hearing about all the fun that everyone had makes us feel bad that we missed it. I am sure everyone appreciated all the time and effort and planning that you put into it. It is always fun to plan the reunion, but I can't help but agree with you, that when it is over you feel a little bit excited that you can just sit back and enjoy the next year and not have to worry about all the planning and extra that goes into it. But WAY TO GO in making it another memorable and fun year for everyone!
ReplyDeleteBTW Jaylee is such a cutie! (all your kids are) I just can't get over what an adorable little girl she is! We miss you guys!
Looks like a roaring success! Way to go, Sis!! Looks like a ton of work and even more fun. Love the Dawson family!
ReplyDelete