Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spilled milk

My sweet Brylee motivated me to mop my entire kitchen today by dropping a gallon of milk she was carrying in from our grocery trip.  The bottom busted open and milk splashed everywhere.  She was dripping, the counters, barstools and walls were dripping and we had a flood on the floor.  As I was quickly trying to clean it up my tone with her was a little sharp as I told her to grab me a big towel, she brought me a hand towel.  I was trapped in the kitchen by the flood.  Anyway long story short she was quick to get a bigger towel and also quick to say sorry.  She was also quick to tear up.  I couldn't help but think "there is no use crying over spilled milk."  That is so true about life.  There are so many things I would change in my life if I had the chance.  Big and little things.  Thank goodness I don't have that chance, it could change everything good in my life. There are things I would change about what I did yesterday or even today for that matter.  I am not perfect, nowhere near it.  But I know that if I repent my Heavenly Father will make up the difference. I am so thankful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is quick to forgive us and continually shows us unconditional love.  I pray for that same ability with my own children.  Quick to forgive and quick to show love.  Poor Brylee looked so sad over her mistake today and I was quick to tell her that I wasn't mad over the mess but that I knew she could do a better job at carrying the milk.  So I told her to go get the other gallon we bought and she tried so hard to carry it carefully to me.  She did it just fine and I am so glad that for once my temper didn't take over and I was actually able to teach her how to do it right.  That is what our Heavenly Father does for us.  He forgives us and hopes that we learn our lesson so we can do it better the next time.  Anyway, long post to say that there really is no use crying over spilled milk.  We need to clean up our mess (repent), move on and hopefully do it better the next time.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! And a great time to sit back and reflect. Love it!! Joy invited me to view your blog. Hope you're okay with that. I'm excited to stay updated in blog form!

    ReplyDelete